The City of Taylor is a "Council / City Manager" form of government. Council members are elected by the citizens and registered voters of Taylor. The City is governed by members under a Single Member District form of government and divided into 4 Districts and has 1 Council representative from each, as well as a council member elected at large. Council terms are 3 years and staggered with elections held in May. The Mayor and Mayor Pro-Tem are elected every year from within the Council members themselves and serve a 1-year term in these positions.
January 19, 2022 through February 18, 2022 by 5:00p.m.
Notice of Deadline to file
Last day to register to vote to be eligible to vote in the May 7, 2022 election is April 7, 2022.
Click here for Council Member contact information and terms.
Additional Election Information
- Request a Ballot by Mail First day to apply for a Ballot by Mail is January 7, 2022.
- View current District Map NOTE: The City is currently active in the redistricting process. A new District Map will be available January 15, 2022.
- View Eligibility Requirements for Public Office
- Important 2022 Election Dates
- Important 2023 Election Dates
- Important 2024 Election Dates
- Important 2025 Election Dates
Where can I find the detailed election results from the previous year?
Results are available at the Williamson County Elections website .
If you have any questions, please contact the City Clerk. Additional helpful sites for election information may be found on the following websites:
- Am I registered to Vote?
- City Election Districts Map
- Texas Secretary of State