EMERGENCY UPDATES AND RESOURCES
Helpful resources for Taylor residents during emergency situations, including updates, local assistance, and news and information from local, state, and national agencies.
Emergency updates are posted on the City's website as well as our social media accounts:
POWER AND ELECTRICITY
The City of Taylor’s electricity is serviced through Oncor. To stay updated on power outages in your area:
- Visit the Oncor website at www.oncor.com
- Sign up for text alerts by texting REG to 66267
- Download the MyOncor app from your preferred app store
- Follow Oncor on Facebook for additional updates.
- View the ONCOR OUTAGE MAP
- Grid conditions can be monitored on the Ercot website.
- You can also follow them on Facebook for current updates.
- View ERCOT PUBLIC NOTICES
SIGN UP FOR ALERTS
- City Alerts
Sign up for City Alerts via text or email in cases of emergency.
- Warn Central Texas:
Register for emergency alerts from CAPCOG by text, email or phone from Warn Central Texas.
Where to Report Disaster Scams and Price Gouging
Visit the Texas Attorney General Consumer Protection Information page for information on price gouging, fly-by-night door-to-door contractors, and bogus charities and how to report.
Texas Division of Emergency Management (TDEM)
Visit the TDEM website for current weather conditions and updates.
Texas Power Outage Map:
Visit this site for an aggregation of outages in the State of Texas.
PUC Storm Resources
Visit the Storm Safety Resource Page (texas.gov) from the State of Texas.
- Bluebonnet - https://bbtrails.org/ (Bastrop, Burnet, Caldwell, Fayette, Lee, Williamson)
- Integral Care - http://www.integralcare.org (Austin/Travis County)
- Hill Country - http://www.hillcountry.org (Blanco, Hays, Llano)
Texas Education Agency
Texas Education Directory (Ask TED) Quick District Lookup website: AskTED Quick Search (state.tx.us)